Stomp of Approval!!!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Years!

2012 is gone, 2013 has started.

Yay....

2012 was an interesting year for me as far as running goes. Compared to 2011 I barely did anything! My yearly mileage was crap. I haven't totaled it up yet, but I don't foresee it being over 700 miles. Last year I finished with 976 or something like that.

I also only did 1 race compared to the 5 (I think?) that I did last year. Granted that this one race was almost as long as all the 5 prior races combined, and almost 4 times longer than the longest!

I'm talking about the Rocky Raccoon! My first, and only, ultra marathon..... So far!

I just pulled the trigger on my first race of 2013. March 3rd, the Memorial Herman Sugarland Half marathon. I ran this in 2011 and ran my fastest half marathon to date. I think it was somewhere around a 1:43 maybe? Somewhere around there I think. This year my goal is under 2 hours.... If even that fast.... Geez, I just thought about it for the first time. I'm gunna be slower than before. I'll be lucky, VERY lucky if I can beat my debut half marathon time of 1:57.

I've got 3 months till the gun fires, and I ran the longest distance I've ran in 4 months just this morning. 3 miles.... Barely a freaking 5K... Further proof that I might, in fact, be retarded!


It more about 2013. A plan on running another ultra marathon. I might just do this half and an ultra this year. Maybe more it all depends on work and how things go this year. I would love to do a few halts and maybe even 2 ultras. A 50K and a 50 mile would be nice. I think there is a 50K at the end of the year up in Huntsville along the same course as the Rocky Raccoon. That would be ideal, especially considering that my mother in law now lives in Conroe which is just a quick 20 minute spurt over from the course!

I'll post up my totals for 2012 when I get them. Hopefully here in just a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment