Stomp of Approval!!!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Extremes

I have always held a fascination with extremes.

Well, more of the extremes of human capabilities. I loved watching the World's Strongest Man competitions growing up. I love watching elite runners run. I love watching gymnasts do their thing too.

I feel that I'm motivated and driven by extremes. I dont want to run 5k's or marathons. I want to run races that take place over the course of an entire day, or even multiple days.

But I'm sort of an all or nothing kind of person at the same time. I dont want to run 20 miles a week. I want to run 20 miles at a time.

I feel the same way about the way I eat. I have to be strict and extreme in order for it to work. I can't have areas of gray (or even grey for that matter) because I fall into them too often and end up with the opposite result of what I was shooting for.

I'm currently sitting in a room at this medical clinic waiting for the doctor to come look at my foot and give me her opinion on it....

... OK,  she just left. Strange how that timing worked out there. She said to come back in a week and that I might need to start going to rehab.

The damn thing is still swollen. Grrr. Need. to. run. !.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your foot but I like your truck.

    ReplyDelete