Stomp of Approval!!!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

700 pushups in a day!

It is 9:15 AM right now and I just did my 370th pushup of the day.

Chest is getting tired.

I'm going to continually update this post as the day goes on and I continue to do more pushups. So here's a quick rundown of what's gone down so far...

3:45 AM - alarm goes off, while getting ready I do a quick 50.

Before leaving the house I knock out another 50.

After arriving at work I did the following sets. ..

60
60
50
50
50

This brings me to where I am now at 9:15 AM.

When I do another set I will add the info and comments below. Of course when this gets posted it will read a little funny, but it's the only way I can think of to keep track of both hire in feeling, and how many pushups I have done.

Think of it as a race report for pushups!

10:55 - another set of 50. Wasn't too bad until my boss stated making me laugh...

11:45 - 50. Not bad at all.

I'm at 470 for the day. Chest is feeling it for sure, but I've got some more in me!

1:50 - after eating some delicious left over roast and enjoying a blisteringly hot nap in the car I grabbed 50 more. In starting to feel it now! After 38 they got pretty tough. After 45 they were hard.

2:45 - the recovery time between sets is getting longer, and my chest is feeling tired for longer afterwards. Another 50 and I'm sitting at 570!!!

3:06 - Holy Jesus on a hot buttermilk biscuit! Just did another set of 50. After number 30 things got difficult. Dave had warned me that anything over 600 was hard, but I didn't expect that to be an exact number in the middle of a set... geez!

5:03 - another 50. Their not getting any easier. I'm at 670.

9:27 - 30... decided to just hit 700 for the day and call it done! My chest is definitely tired now.

Looking back...

I think doing sets of 50 aren't too difficult. Going up to 60 was a challenge. I'm going to take a day or two off and then try some more. I might go for a lower total with higher reps in each set. Maybe shoot for a few sets mixed up of 60 ~75 or so if I can. I definitely see 1,000 as an attainable number now, just need a little more time. I think an even tougher challenge would be 10 sets of 100 in a day.

I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment