Stomp of Approval!!!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's been awhile

Life has been busy. 

After the move to Conroe I remained unemployed for a few weeks, and during that time I got a few runs in, but nothing spectacular. Between trying to finish working on a house that was 2 hours away so that we could sell it, adjusting to the move, watching the kids, and becoming fat again I just didn't have the time to get many good runs in. 

Then I got a job.

Don't get me wrong, I actually love working. It's strange, and I think its genetic because both my father and his father were workaholics (as well as alcoholics...) that seemed to work 7 days a week, an usually 12~16 hours a day. 

That's not me though. I like my 40 hour weeks and a pretty set schedule. I like to know where I'm going everyday and how long I should expect to be there. 

My current job is the complete opposite of that. I'm performing call out work for a company where the office is anywhere from a 45 minute to an almost 3 hour drive, dependent upon traffic, from the house. I don't know where I'm going until about 4:00 the evening before, and I never know how long I'll be there. 

There is no schedule.... At all. Sometimes I get to wake up at 6:00 AM, other times I have to get up at 2:45 AM, and all times between. So getting into a running routine is, well... Impossible. 

On top of that, I don't work out of an office, so I can't really bring a lunch. Instead its usually a run through either a fast food joint, or a sit down lunch. Depends on the job. 

So no real running, poor dieting, and excessive levels of stress. 

But that should change soon! 

I interviewed with a company here in town earlier this week. It went good. Real good! I should get an official offer from them Monday or Tuesday. And it should be good! Real good! 

Best of all.... Ill have a set schedule at 40 hour a week, with a spot of overtime here and there. 

Even better?

THE SHOP IS 6.5 miles from the house!!!!!

I can run there and back everyday if I want! It's borderline perfect! 

Or, if I don't want to run, I can take my new toy!
I love it!

So hopefully, here in about 2~3 weeks, things will change and I will be able to get some damn good training in again!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I've got the job, just waiting for them to get their offer together and call me. I wanted a little more than they were offering at first, but they're working things out to get me closer to where I want to be.

    On top of that, they're offering some extensive training benifits that will pay off BIG time in the long run!

    So right now I'm just waiting for their phone call!

    ReplyDelete