Stomp of Approval!!!

Monday, September 23, 2013

9-34-3013

It was a nice brisk 72 degrees this morning when I started up my little car, though if you had asked me I probably would have guessed it to have been in the 60's. 

Its funny how people, or at least me, perceive temperature. After months upon months of sweltering 100+ temps day after day, 70's are suddenly freezing. I debated coming back inside to grab a light jacket or sweat shirt or something. 

Since I started my new job last Thursday I now have a pretty set schedule. The time I get off in the evenings seems to fluctuate from day to day, but I know I have to be there at 6 every morning. So as a result I woke up at 4:30 this morning and ran a little over 2 miles. I wanted to run more, but I figured that I should give myself enough time to get ready for work with enough cushion for things to go wrong since I wasn't fully sure of how things were going to work out. 

But man did those 2 little miles around the high school track (took me 3 minutes to drive there!) feel good! 

And yes, I did drive there. Since I'm basically just now starting back, I'm using the Maffetone method 100% so I'm running by heart rate. To get to the track I'm required I climb 3 smaller hills and 1 massive hill that goes for a good 1/3rd of a mile and is steep enough for my little Mini Cooper to start at the top going 40 in neutral, and hit 46 by the top I reach the bottom. Keeping my HR down while climbing that beast won't be easy, I even feasible! 

My goal for tomorrow is to wake up at 4:00 so that I can get a little longer run in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment