Stomp of Approval!!!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Excitement is Mounting....!

I turned in my notice to my current job on  Tuesday. My boss told me to just write up my notice with my last day on it and he would let me work out the rest of my tenure, so I put my last day as next Wednesday. It was more like a 1 weeks notice than a 2 weeks... Oh well!

I will start my new job this coming Thursday. The company that makes their automated scanning machine I coming in on that Thursday and Friday to do some extensive training on their equipment, so I sort of figured that would be a great time to start. Seeing as how I will be training guys on how to use the equipment, I figured it would be a great if I knew how to use it myself. 

I'm not sure what my schedule will be these first 2 days due to the training, but after this week I will be on a set schedule.... For a week. Then we go back to Disney World!!! 

YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

After Disney, things should settle down, I will be back in a normal routine, and I will start running again and resume my training!

At first ill just start running around the neighborhood before work, and maybe grab a few miles in the evenings when schedule allows.  Since were members of the local YMCA, i have access to a 25 meter lap pool, so i will also start incorporating some swimming into my workouts! Then start getting my long runs in on the weekends after I've worked back up to it. 

On top of that, I will be able to start eating right again!

When I'm comfortable with it, I will start making my daily commute to and from work via my new bike. Then eventually I will start making the commute on foot! It's 7.17 miles away (yes, I've actually used my GPS and measured it...) so I figure a little over an hour to run there, and a little over an hour to run back. But if I could get to where I'm running to work 3 or 4 days a week, that's an additional 42 to 56 miles a week ONTOP of my weekend long runs! 14 miles a day if I ran both ways! 

PERFECT!!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm very VERY VERY excited about the opportunities that are about to open up in my life!

But I think the best thing about this jobs is the fact that I will be able to make it to all of my kids extracurricular activities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment