Stomp of Approval!!!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bites

Over the span of my life I have been bitten by various animals. Dogs, turtles, snakes, small children and other assorted vermin and such.

Some of the bites have been pretty bad. I spent the night in a hospital one time because I got bitten by a Copperhead snake... twice. It was at a cross country meet when I was a freshman in highschool, and it got blown way out of proportion.

I was also stung in the head by some red wasps when I was around 10 years old and my head and face swoll up like a damn basketball. My face was so distorted that I looked like Quazimodo (the hunch back of Notre Dame). That one hurt.

I also got bit by a Water Moccasin (aka; Cotton Mouth) one time when I was probably 12 or so. It barely grazed my right ankle (luckily! ) and I ran a little fever and my ankle swoll up a little bit. I kept that one from mom...

I've also had less severe, but equally as painful bites.

Ever seen a Cow Ant (aka;  Velvet Ant, which is actually a female wingless wasp. That explains a lot!) Before? Those things are a bitch! Their tougher than nails and make you scream in pain. Geeez... that's some bad memories there.

The Banana Spider (that's what we called it at least, I think it's also known as a Golden Orb Spider, maybe?) Is another pain rendering insect. The leave you with a massive whelp that burns for a few hours.

But now I'm encountering something new. I think they might be spider bites, maybe?

They're concentrated on my lower thighs, just above my knee caps. I'm not even 100% sure their bug bites. I don't know what they are, but they itch a little and are quite tender to the touch.

I've included some pictures below. These were taken at around 5 this morning after a 2 mile run while putting some gas in the truck on the way to work. You can see about 6 of them on my right leg, and 1 big bastard on my left.

No comments:

Post a Comment