Stomp of Approval!!!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

February 2015 update

I haven't ran since my birthday run...

The theme that seems to haunt my running "career" reared is ugly head again.

Every time my training starts going really good and i start to eyeball an upcoming race, something comes up and puts all my training on the back burner.

After my 50 mile race i worked 14 to 16 hour days for a few weeks. After that i resumed training, but then went back to working 12 to 14 hour days for a little over 4 months.

After that stint is when i started the Makers Diet and my training was going AMAZING.... for about 4 months. Then we had to remodel our old house in order to sell it and relocate to the Conroe area (about 45 minutes north of Houston Tx)

Once we did that i had to find employment, then find a new house, then move in and settle down.

That's when i started running again. Of course once i started getting where I wanted to be, i start working crazy hours again.

Once i got put back on a normal schedule i started training for my birthday run, which i succeeded in. I went from not running to running 30 miles on about 5 weeks.

The very next day at work the tell me were going back to 12's....

Damnitt!

Last week they put us back on 8 hour days, thank you economy.

I'm not running again just yet because I'm hell bent on finishing our kitchen table that I've been building from scratch very slowly over the last several months.

Hopefully i can finish it in the next week or 2 and then resume running again!

...at least until i start working 12's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment