Stomp of Approval!!!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A bit of an epiphany!

Since Rocky Raccoon in 2012, my training has been all over the place. I've been 200+ pounds and out if shape after 4 months off from training due to a turnaround at work, to feeling like I was in my true prime after being on the Makers Diet for 3 months and weighing in under 180 for the first time in over 10 years.

The only thing I haven't been is consistent.

When I was working in the plants back in Southeast Texas, I would work 5-8's one week, then turn around and work 16's until I would throw in the towel. Then we had the nightmare 4 month long turnaround. And all of that started for me after running RR50 in 2012.

Then, when things finally settled down and I had time to train, we started the Makers Diet and things were going GREAT! The speed of my progression and recovery during that time period still blows me away!

But then we were told that we were being relocated to the Conroe area. Great! We had always wanted to move, and what better opportunity is there than when your wife's company PAYS you to move?

The only downside was that we had to finish remodeling our halfway remodeled house. So all dieting and training and running got put on hold.

Then we moved and I had to look for employment. Plus it's hard to try to train when you have to try to follow a schedule that works for 6 people, 4 of which are adults with full time jobs.

So I haven't been doing much in the way of training lately, and I'm feeling it.

Now we have been house hunting, looking for just the right one.

And we found it!

So after moving into our new home and getting settled in, I hope to resume training.

My epiphany though, is this...

There are no looming things hanging over us after we move. No more turnarounds that take me out for 4 months. No remodeling, no moving, no crazy hectic work schedule, and no crazy extended family schedule. Just the 4 of us (me, wife, son, daughter) and the dog! Not only should I be able to resume my training, but I shouldn't have any major interruptions for years to come! (Barring unforeseen events of course...)

No comments:

Post a Comment